FNA Wall of Honor
The FNA Hall of Fame recognizes Florida nurses who have made, sustained, and enduring contributions of enduring value to the nursing profession. This is FNA's highest honor. Congratulations to the FNA's Hall of Fame Awardees:
- 2015: Barbara Judkins, EdD, MEd, MPH, BSN, RN
- 2015: Barbara Thoman-Curtis, RN
- 2015: Robert Levy, FNA Lobbyist
- 2014: Mary Lou Brunell, MSN, RN
- 2014: Jean Kijek, PhD, RN
- 2014: Barbara Russell, MPH, RN
- 2013: Anne Peach, MSN, RN, CNAA, BC
- 2013: Jo Manion, PhD, RN, NEW-BC, FAAN
- 2013: Sande Garcia Jones, PhD, ARNP, ACRN, FAAN
- 2012: Claydell Horne, RN
- 2012: Patricia Messmer, RN
- 2011: Mike Nilsson, RN BSN
- 2009: Charlotte Dison, MSN, RN
- 2005: Paula Massey, MS, RN
- 2005: Barbara Lumpkin, RN
- 2005: Lois Malasanos, RN, PhD
- 2005: Willa Carson, RN
- 2005: Ruth Jacobs, RN
- 2005: Nancy Hartley, RN
- 2005: Carolyn Vallone, RN
- 2001: Dorothy Smith, ARNP
- 2001: Margretta Madden Styles, RN
- 2001: Mary Elizabeth Carnegie, RN
- 2001: Undine Sams, RN
2017 Florida Nurses Association Award Winners
Advanced Practice Nursing Award recognizes an individual Advanced Practice Nurse who exemplifies excellence in performing the advanced practice role.
- Dr. Patricia Geddie, PhD, CNS, AOCNS of Orlando, FL
Barbara Lumpkin Award recognizes a nurse who has made a significant impact in political and legislative issues affecting nurses, nursing, and quality health care.
Communications/Media Award honors an individual or group in the field of communications for production of written or electronic media which educates the public about nursing and nursingís impact on health care.
Community Action Award recognizes outstanding voluntary contributions by FNA members (group or individual) to the health and welfare of a community through an organized and systematic effort.
- Maxine Jacobowitz, BSN, RN, CPN of Hollywood, FL
The Education and Advocacy Award recognizes a nursing education program that promotes professional activities and educates nursing students about advocacy through inclusion of related content in the curriculum and participation in related activities.
- Florida Atlantic University, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing of Boca Raton, FL
Heather Scaglione Award recognizes an FNA memberís significant and outstanding contribution to support the work of the Florida Nursing Studentís Association and nursing students.
- Nancy Duckworth, MSN, RN of Orlando, FL
Legislator of the Year recognizes a politician who is a spokesperson in Tallahassee for the advancement of the nursing profession and improved health care.
Mary Cash Award recognizes an individual nurse who has made outstanding contributions to cultural diversity in nursing and health care.
- Charlotte Barry, PhD, RN, NCSN, FAAN of Boca Raton, FL
Nurse Educator Award recognizes a Nurse Educator who is committed to education and the educational process. They create a stimulating environment in which to mentor students and/or clients through the learning process.
- Amber Santos, MSN, MBA, RN of Jacksonville, FL
Nursing Administration Award honors an outstanding administrative leader in nursing.
- Juli Daniels, PhD, CCRN, CNE, NEA-BC, LHRM of Miami, FL
Nursing Innovation and Creativity Award recognizes individuals, groups or institutions who have demonstrated innovation and creativity in any area of nursing. The innovation or creative endeavor may be demonstrated in the area of patient care delivery, hands on care, research, education, community service, leadership and management, or other areas not covered above.
- Kathleen Kavanagh, DMH, MSN, ED, RN of Jacksonville, FL
Nursing Research Award recognizes a nurse who has produced research of scientific merit with relevance to the practice of nursing.
- Victoria Loerzel, PhD, RN Maitland, FL
Presidentís Award honors an individual that is selected by the FNA president for their outstanding contribution to both the nursing profession and to FNA over the past year.
- Florida International University, College of Nursing and Health Sciences of Miami, FL
Promoting and Environment for Excellence in Nursing Practice honor employers, nursing service departments or other entities that create a work environment supportive of professional nursing practice.
Registered Nurse Practice Award honors an individual nurse, working in a role other than an advanced practice role, who has demonstrated excellence in a nursing practice setting.
Special Recognition Award honors an individual, nurse, organization, or group for actions or programs consistent with the philosophy, goals, and mission of the Florida Nurses Association.
- Marlene Brennen, DNP, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC of Delray, Florida
Undine Sams Award recognizes an individual staff nurse, collective bargaining eligible, who has made significant contributions to enhance the rights and welfare of nurses through labor employee relations and work place advocacy activities.
- Marcia Stroud of Melbourne, FL
All-Time Star Recruiter Award honors a member who has recruited the greatest number of members since the inception of the Star Recruiter program.
- Marsha Martin, RN of Gainesville, FL, has recruited over 200 members to the Association and to the Shands UF Bargaining Unit.
2017 FNA Diamond Award Recipients
We are pleased to honor the 2017 FNA Diamond Award recipients for their 50 years of continuous membership in FNA/ANA.
- Linda Sabin
- Patricia Tyra
2017 FNA Lamplighter Award Recipients
We are pleased to honor the 2017 FNA Lamplighter Award recipients for their 25 years of continuous membership in FNA/ANA.
- Cheryl Bergman
- Tina Gerardi
- Mary Anne Hanley
- Cannella Mutcherson-Jefferies
- Mary Katherine OíNeil Johnson
- Vicky Stone-Gale
- Sherri Sutton-Johnson
- Janice Wheeler Gay
2017 Florida Nurse Leadership Academy (FNLA) Inductees
- Beverly Craig, MSN, RN-BC
- Malissa Moss, MSN, RN, CCM
- Karen Perez, DNP, MSN Ed, RN-BC
- Sandy Weiss, MBA, RN, LHRM, CPHQ, CPPS