Benefits of Membership
Members pursuing higher education may also utilize association resources for assistance with research projects as a benefit of membership. Non-members must pay for this service.
- FNA is a strong organization of professional registered nurses. We are the only nursing organization that advocates for nurses across all specialties and practice areas. We are a Constituent of the American
- We have a 3 tiered dues system: Dues revenue is divided
between the local, state and national levels
allowing your dues dollar to have a greater impact on the future
of nursing and healthcare. These funds pay for administrative
costs such as staff salaries and benefits, maintenance of the
building, program services, publications and nurse advocacy activities.
- The membership carries with it a subscription to the professional
nursing journal, American Nurse Today. As a courtesy,
all Florida nurses receive The Florida Nurse, the official quarterly
publication of FNA. Full members of the association also receive
The American Nurse (ANA) & Members Only
newsletters. There are also frequent online communications to
keep nurses informed about their profession and to give nurses
opportunities to participate in the work of the association.
- FNA has a strong presence in Tallahassee and is the political
watchdog for nursing and healthcare. It is essential that
the voice of nursing is clear and present when critical issues
arise. It is the strength of the membership behind us that allows
us to be successful. The FNA provides up-to-date legislative
information to its members and has developed a legislative
network to enhance political knowledge and power of its members.
All members are encouraged to participate at this level.
- Participation in the activities of the FNA, such as the annual
Membership Assembly, Special Interest Groups, Committees
and Task Forces provides the opportunity for networking
with colleagues and many nursing notables. Members are also asked
to represent nurses in several different arenas.
- We are an advocate for nurses in the workplace through
participative collective action and empowerment. The FNA provides
a direct line to information by providing open line of communication
to its members. We provide phone consultation on nursing issues
and serve as an information resource to our members. Members may
also take advantage of online consultation with staff and a limited
one-time annual consultation with legal counsel on workplace related
issues. This benefit alone is worth the cost of membership!
- The FNA encourages and supports nursing research and scholarship through the Florida Nurses' Foundation Scholarships and Grants as well as other strategies including highlighting nursing research in our publications. In addition, we have established a "Nurses in Need" fund through the Foundation to assist nurses in financial crises. We also have a Research Special Interest Group for those who wish to participate.
- The FNA fosters professional development and enhances
the concept of teamwork through the work of its members. Members
of each Region are encouraged to create and participate in activities
related to the core functions of the association.
- Participation in the FNA serves to "re-energize" the
professional nurse, through networking, cooperative action and
firsthand knowledge of our activities and our accomplishments.
FNA IS THE MEMBER!
- FNA members also enjoy member benefits such as an exclusive FNA Visa card, an up-to-the-minute online Career Center, reduced liability insurance rates, continuing education program discounts, online college credit discounts, a discount program with Sears and MoreLuv Scrubs. Click here to take advantage of these member benefits!
Become a member. You can't afford not to join. Help us create the "preferred future" for nurses.