Celebrating Florida Nurse Week - May 6-12, 2017
National Nurses Week 2017
"Nursing: The Balance of Mind, Body, and Spirit"
With attention focused on nurses during National Nurses Week, it's an ideal time to plan an event, conduct media outreach, advocate for the profession, and promote the value of nursing. Connect your activities to the 2017 theme, Nursing: The Balance of Mind, Body, and Spirit." Some of these ideas can be executed at any time of the year, so keep them in mind even if you can't carry them out during May 6–12.
- Ask every nurse in America to wear an RN pin and/or a nurse's uniform during National Nurses Week. The pin is available at jimcolemanstore.com/ana.
- Purchase promotional items for National Nurses Week (badge IDs, T-shirts, mugs, buttons) at jimcolemanstore.com/ana.
- Work cooperatively with hospitals, schools, and libraries to set up a special display for National Nurses Week using promotional materials, such as banners, posters, and T-shirts.
- Invite a politician—local, state, or federal—to accompany one or more nurses on the job. Health care remains an important issue to voters; politicians should be visible and accountable for their positions on health care. This also increases potential for good media coverage.
- Request a hearing before local government, or organize a "town hall" meeting on nurses' concerns (e.g., adequate staffing, quality of care).
MIAMI SUPERCON NIGHTS - Benefiting Nurses Appreciation Week - Friday May 1st, 2015
with the Florida Marlins
.Click here for details
Check out nurses being honored on the field at
the 2010 Marlins Game on May 16!