The Florida Nurses Leadership Academy (FNLA) is a partnership program of the Florida Nurses Association (FNA) and the Florida Nurses Foundation(FNF) with the purpose of developing future nursing leaders. The goal is to provide tools, education and opportunities to new graduates to assist them in becoming active members and skillful leaders in their professional organization.
The Participants (Fellows)
Applicants will be sought from the 8 regions of the Florida Nurses Associations by sending nomination packets to the Schools of Nursing throughout the state. A maximum of two (2) fellows will be selected from each region for a possible total of 16 each year.
1. Must be a member of the Florida Nursing Students Association (copy of membership card or documentation from NSNA required).
2. Must provide a letter of support from the Nursing Program Dean/Director or Program Faculty attesting to professional qualities and engagement in FNSA activities.
3. Must commit to work in Florida for the two years following graduation.
4. Must provide a statement (500 words or less) about the importance of professional advocacy activities.
5. Submission of a resume/curriculum vita.
6. Submission of a portfolio of extracurricular activities (nursing and non-nursing) during school.