FNA Legislative Platform
Download FNA Legislative Platform PDF
Welcome to the Florida Nurse's Association legislative platform. Here you will find information on current legislative issues that affect the field of nursing as well as our current endorsements for any current elections.
The FNA Supports efforts to protect and enhance the ability of Registered Nurses (RNs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNPs) to practice to the full extent of their education and experience.
- The FNA supports the efforts of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing and the Florida Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses to implement the consensus model vision for the regulation of advanced nursing practice in Florida.
- The FNA supports legislation which will allow all nurses to practice to the full extent of their education and training in all practice environments, including telehealth.
- The FNA supports legislation that removes unnecessary nurse practitioner collaborative practice agreements and removes physician-nurse practitioner supervisory language from the Nurse Practice Act.
- The FNA supports legislation that would provide universal signature authority for all advanced practice nurses.
The FNA supports efforts to protect the rights, jobs, wages, pensions, health care coverage, and other benefits of our state-employed health care professionals.
The FNA supports safe practice environments for all nurses and our patients.
- The FNA supports legislation that provides meaningful information to users of health care about staffing and nursing resources in health care facilities.
- Promote legislation that protects healthcare workers against workplace violence, including efforts to rigorously prosecute those who commit such crimes.
The FNA supports efforts to protect and promote health-related initiatives that protect the physical and mental health of Florida’s residents.
- The FNA supports legislation that allows draw down federal funding to make healthcare available to more Floridians.
- The FNA supports sustained funding and utilization of the controlled substances prescription monitoring database.
- The FNA supports legislative efforts and promote adequate funding to strengthen the public health system, improve access to care or promote healthy lifestyles.
- The FNA supports legislation that helps to create a multi-disciplinary, patient-centered model of healthcare delivery.
- The FNA supports legislation that provides comprehensive end-of-life planning and care.
- Pursue a pilot study to evaluate innovative and comprehensive school health services that include access to health care provided by an RN.
- Pursue legislation that would require as mandatory education at least a 2.0 hour CEU education in infection prevention and emerging diseases training. This will be required each biennium for all nurses.
- The FNA supports meaningful legislation for gun control.
- The FNA supports efforts to ensure humane care for incarcerated individuals in the Florida prison system as required by the Constitution.